Retail displays when deployed properly are sales promotional tools. They help to sell more and increase your margins. Also custom retail fixtures are an effective way to strengthen your brand image utilizing graphics and signs.
In today’s shopping centers consumers have the choice between a sheer endless amount of different products and brands. Countless items are competing for scarce attention of shoppers. Retailers must find creative ways to make their products stand out from the mass in order to boost brand sales. According to estimations reported by POPAI (Point of Purchase Agency International) 60% of buying decisions are made in store and competition is growing every day — you’ll need innovative solutions for your custom display needs.
There are three main display types in retail you can choose from:
- Floor Stands are retail displays, which can be placed anywhere on the retail floor and host a variety of product categories. It is the most often deployed display type, because it can withstand a huge amount of product weight for a very long time.
- Counter pop displays are put on tables and counters where space is really limited. They often entice impulsive shoppers to buy items while waiting to check out.
- Retail signs have a high impact on product branding and are often combined with store displays to emphasize a products feature. Some of very simple but highly effective merchandising solutions can be little more than an eye-catching well-placed retail sign.
How to get your ideal retail display?
- Analyze your product’s features. First of all consider the size, weight, shape and color of the product you would like to showcase on retail fixtures. What is special about this product, how can you best accentuate its features?
- Consider the theme of your store. Think about which materials will fit best your store design. You want to emphasize your displayed product, but don’t want to risk to destroy the overall look of your store choosing wrong materials and colors for your retail display.
- Understand your customer demographic. Who is going to be most likely interested in the product your are planning to showcase?
- Choose an appropriate retail display type. Depending where in the retail space you are planning to place your retail fixtures, there are many options how you can design your fixture.
- Communicate your brand message. Think of a special feature, information or a brand slogan you want to communicate to customers and utilize graphics, banner and signs to make your product informative and stand out.
- Get some design inspiration. Browse the web and find some retail displays that is closest to your needs. Take this design as your starting point for your own custom retail display.
- Find a trustworthy source for your retail display. Check their industry specific expertise and compare some of their projects with other manufactures. Can they show proven track record, enough projects and credible testimonials? Ask for the working process, discuss your program and demand a quote and compare again.
Once you have your desired retail display well integrated in your retail store, good chances are you will be able to see improved conversions for your featured product.